Saturday, December 1, 2012

Keep Calm and Carry On (Motivational, Faded Light Blue) Art Poster Print Review

Keep Calm and Carry On (Motivational, Faded Light Blue) Art Poster Print
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
This poster is basically fine (it came in a cardboard tube and was not dented), but it had two slight drawbacks for me. One is that, evidently 11x17" frames are not as common as I expected. I assumed I could stop at a general grocery store with a broad selection of frames, such as the one in my neighborhood, but the closest dimensions were 16x20... not quite tall enough and too wide on the sides. I ended up trimming the poster a little to make it fit vertically. Oh... and the poster had a white border on just Two sides of it, strangely enough (top and one side). Anyway, the other detail is that the internet picture is quite a vibrant almost two-tone baby-blue, as you can see, but the actual hardcopy is rather gray. I was reluctant to choose the original red color of the historic poster for my office copy-machine area, thinking red would be too loud, but this pale pale blue-gray just looks rather washed out against its black paper and our white walls. For only $13-$15 though, I think I'm going to order the red one after all, lol.


Click Here to see more reviews about: Keep Calm and Carry On (Motivational, Faded Light Blue) Art Poster Print

The Keep Calm and Carry On poster was produced in 1939 during the beginning of World War II, and was a last case scenario to be used only should the Nazis succeed in invading Great Britain, in order to stiffen resolve. 2.5 million copies were printed, although the poster was distributed only in limited numbers. The poster was third in a series of three. The previous two posters from the series, "Your Courage, Your Cheerfulness, Your Resolution Will Bring Us Victory" and "Freedom is in Peril" were issued and used across the country for motivational purposes. In 2001, a copy of the "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster was rediscovered in Barter Books, a second-hand bookshop in Alnwick, Northumberland, and was reprinted.

Buy NowGet 77% OFF

Click here for more information about Keep Calm and Carry On (Motivational, Faded Light Blue) Art Poster Print

No comments:

Post a Comment